114 Mansfield Hollow Road
Mansfield Center, Ct 06250
Job Title: Senior Machine Designer
Posting Date: January 5, 2018
The Machine Designer, working from customer requirements, concept sketches and notes, has the primary responsibility to create and design machines and other projects to customer and company requirements, including; design layout drawings, detail drawings and Bill of Materials.
He / She is capable of designing simple to complex mechanical and electro mechanical devices while considering manufacturing costs, budget and schedule constraints, and ultimate performance.
- Working with Sales and or Applications Engineering to fully develop machine concept sketches meeting the customer and company expectations and requirements.
- Create CAD design layouts, detailed component drawings, and BOM for specified projects.
- Fully competent designing in 3D solid modeling (Solidworks or Inventor preferred).
- Uses imbedded FEA to evaluate designs (within CAD package).
- Selection of materials; properties, treatments and final finish.
- Selecting and specifying all machine components and working with component vendors to meet project technical and budget needs.
- Create detail bill of materials including manufacturers and supplier information, and works with purchasing and production control to assure proper components and pricing.
- Manage drawings, revisions, engineering changes, and final product documentation to company high quality standards.
- Works to customer drawing and product design specifications when required.
- Capable of leading other designers or design team and training new designers.
- Requires a working knowledge of machining and assembly to assure cost effective design and detailed parts.
- Assist (hands on and supervisory) with equipment assembly and test.
- Supports initial debugging, testing and customer runoff.
Target Experience and Capabilities: (any and all combinations considered)
- Custom machine design
- Automation/machine/equipment design
- Detailed drawing specified for cost effective manufacture
- Ability to work to customer design and drawing specifications
- Concept development
- 3D solid modeling
- Machining and fabrication; full understanding, or actual capability
- Willingness to work “hands on” to assist with product assembly
- Machine control systems, basic or full knowledge
Education and Experience:
This position requires significant direct experience in any or all of the above defined requirements.
All combinations of Machine Design experience and Education will be carefully considered.
Please send cover letter and resume to: HR17@automationconnection.com